the Ethics Blog
Neuroethical reflection in the Human Brain Project
Source: arleensalles 2019-05-15
How about personally optimized treatment?
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-05-06
Genetic risk information: lines and stage directions
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-04-23
Pragmatic trials without informed consent?
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-04-08
Sometimes you do not want to be taken seriously
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-04-01
Reality surpasses our concepts
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-03-20
On “truly” understanding the risk
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-03-12
Genetic risk entails genetic responsibility
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-03-05
Thesis on reproductive ethics
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-02-25
Neuroethics goes global
Source: Human Brain Project: Neuroethics and philosophy 2019-02-12
News from CRB
- Testing for hereditary (genetic) diseases before pregnancy raises ethical issues 2019-04-16
- Nurses and physicians have different views on DNR orders 2019-04-16
- Monitored by mom and dad 2019-03-29
- What should we eat? New Swedish book on food and ethics 2019-03-29
- Research participants struggle to understand test results 2019-03-26
- Public awareness of antibiotic resistance 2019-03-12
- Should we be screening future parents for genetic disorders? 2019-03-01
- HBP's Ethics Rapporteur Programme: Q&A with Manuel Guerrero 2019-02-25
- Patients' perspectives on being included in medical product decision making 2019-01-16
- Research - for better or for worse? 2018-12-14
- The complicated ethics of deciding not to resuscitate 2018-12-14
- Including patients in decisions about drugs 2018-12-06
- Neuroscience of drug addiction highlights ethics and policy 2018-11-23
- Deciding not to resuscitate: nurses’ and physicians’ perspectives 2018-11-15
- Article on gene editing one of the most cited in European Journal of Human Genetics 2018-11-08
- Biobank Sweden launches ELSI Helpdesk 2018-10-29
- Cancer patients receive inadequate information 2018-10-03
- Genetic risk: Should researchers let people know? 2018-09-24
- Transferring biobank research data between the EU and African countries 2018-08-23
- Ethical competence in DNR decisions 2018-07-10
Meet a PhD student
>> Amal Matar
Find out what Amal Matar has to say about cultural sensitivity and reproductive ethics.
What's on at CRB
Preconception genetic screening
Amal Matar is looking at the ethical issues of preconception genetic testing and screening, taking the family’s and the individual's perspective into account.
CRB provides ELSI helpdesk service for Swedish researchers through Biobank Sweden.
Meet a Lecturer
>> Jessica Nihlén Fahlquist
Jessica Nihlén Fahlquist talks about teaching and what she thinks about responsible risk communication.
Meet a PhD Student
>> Michele Farisco
Find out what Michele Farisco has to say about finding hidden awareness!
Meet a lecturer
>> Stefan Eriksson
Find out what Stefan Eriksson has to say about publication, regulation and consent.