Deputy lecturer medical ethics
Elisabeth Furberg is a reseracher and lecturer at CRB. Broadly, her research interests include applied philosophy and ethics, bioethics, personal identity, value theory and philosophy of meaning. Her PhD in Practical Philosophy at Stockholm University 2012 discussed the moral legitimacy of advance directives and living wills, mainly in relation to theories of personal identity over time. Elisabeth Furberg has an additional interest in questions of gender parity in philosophy, as well as the theory and practice of teaching ethics in higher education.
Phone: +46 18 471 65 65
- International journal of legal medicine (Print), vol. 132, ss. 815-823 DOI
- Ethics, Medicine and Public Health, . vol. 3 3, ss. 279 279-287 287
Ethics & law for medical students
Students learn to analyze ethical and legal problems in medical practice and argue for their standpoint.
Giving patients a voice in drug development
PREFER is a five year public-private research project where academic researchers and the pharmaceutical industry work together to find out when and where patients want, can and should be involved in drug development
- Medical doctor’s programme at Uppsala University
- Bachelor’s and master’s education of biology at Uppsala University
- Master programme in medical research at Uppsala University
Elisabeth Furberg also has experience of planning and teaching a wide variety of courses in practical philosophy at introductory, intermediate and in-depth level – subjects including metaethics, ethics, applied ethics, philosophy of religion and theory of value.