Emilia Niemiec investigates ethical, legal and social implications of genomics in SIENNA project. She is a post-doc at the Centre for Research Ethics & Bioethics. During her PhD (Erasmus Plus PhD Programme in Law, Science and Technology) she studied ethical and legal issues of whole genome sequencing. She conducted the first empirical study of direct-to-consumer offer of whole genome sequencing. Emilia holds degrees in Bioethics (MSc, University of Leuven) and Biotechnology (MEng, Warsaw University of Life Sciences).
Technology, ethics and human rights
Genomics, Enhancement, AI & Robotics
The SIENNA project will address ethical issues in three new and emerging areas with major socio-economic impact.
News from the SIENNA project
- Brazilian perspectives on ethics and new technology 2018-03-09
- Let us know what you think about Human Enhancement 2018-02-08
- AI ethics, foresight and ethics by design: Digital Ethics Summit 2017-12-20
- SIENNA at Brave New World conference 2017-11-07
- ETHICS BLOG: Ethics, human rights and responsible innovation 2017-10-31
- SIENNA: Preparing the ground for responsible innovation 2017-10-19
- SIENNA project kicks off 2017-10-10
- European funding for research on ethical and legal aspects of new technologies 2017-04-28
Your DNA Your SAy
>> Tell us what you think
This is a film-survey experience on DNA and medical data sharing.