the Ethics Blog
Ethical issues when gene editing approaches humanity
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-12-02
Broad and deep consent for biobanks
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-11-18
An extended concept of consciousness and an ethics of the whole brain
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-11-04
Honest questions examining our intellectual sinfulness
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-10-21
Why should we care about the environment and climate change?
Source: Jessica Nihlén Fahlquist 2019-10-08
Who belongs to us?
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-10-02
Bioethics without doctrines
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-09-24
Learning from the difficulties
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-09-11
In-depth critique of dynamic consent
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-08-28
How can we set future ethical standards for ICT, Big Data, AI and robotics?
Source: Josepine Fernow 2019-07-11
News from CRB
- Connecting the brain and consciousness 2019-11-06
- Egg donation for gene editing in embryos expose women to health risks 2019-11-05
- Choosing what's for dinner raises ethical questions 2019-10-16
- Cheating students: Swedish university teachers sometimes naïve 2019-09-18
- Future ethical standards for ICT, Big Data, AI and robotics 2019-07-11
- First European biobank for research on breast milk and medicines 2019-06-05
- Testing for hereditary (genetic) diseases before pregnancy raises ethical issues 2019-04-16
- Nurses and physicians have different views on DNR orders 2019-04-16
- Monitored by mom and dad 2019-03-29
- What should we eat? New Swedish book on food and ethics 2019-03-29
- Research participants struggle to understand test results 2019-03-26
- Public awareness of antibiotic resistance 2019-03-12
- Should we be screening future parents for genetic disorders? 2019-03-01
- HBP's Ethics Rapporteur Programme: Q&A with Manuel Guerrero 2019-02-25
- Patients' perspectives on being included in medical product decision making 2019-01-16
- Research - for better or for worse? 2018-12-14
- The complicated ethics of deciding not to resuscitate 2018-12-14
- Including patients in decisions about drugs 2018-12-06
- Neuroscience of drug addiction highlights ethics and policy 2018-11-23
- Deciding not to resuscitate: nurses’ and physicians’ perspectives 2018-11-15
Meet a lecturer
>> Ulrik Kihlbom
Find out what Ulrik Kihlbom has to say about medical ethics, decision-making and patient preferences.
What's on at CRB
Managing genetic risk information
Research generates huge amounts of genetic information. How should we handle it? That is what we are trying to find out in a large international research project.
CRB provides ELSI helpdesk service for Swedish researchers through Biobank Sweden.
Meet a Lecturer
>> Jessica Nihlén Fahlquist
Jessica Nihlén Fahlquist talks about teaching and what she thinks about responsible risk communication.
Meet a Postdoc
>> Jennifer Viberg Johansson
Find out what Jennifer Viberg Johansson has to say about multidisciplinarity, genetic risk information and ethics.
Meet a lecturer
>> Stefan Eriksson
Find out what Stefan Eriksson has to say about publication, regulation and consent.