the Ethics Blog
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-04-18
Sliding down along the slippery slope
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-04-11
The New Yorker features resignation syndrome
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-03-29
Consent based on trust rather than information?
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-03-21
More biobank ethics and law
Source: Josepine Fernow 2017-03-13
Stem cells: unique biobank material?
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-03-07
Stem cell therapy remains a form of treatment
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-02-27
Commercialization, but not at any price
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-02-14
Not just facts, ideas are also needed
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-02-08
How should we think about it?
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-01-24
News from CRB
- James Giordano joins the CRB neuroethics team 2017-03-14
- Stem cells: a new type of biobank material? 2017-03-06
- A new Swedish legal framework for handling alleged misconduct 2017-03-06
- B3Africa: first 18 months 2017-03-03
- New Swedish legal officer in the BBMRI-ERIC ELSI helpdesk 2017-03-03
- We need to discuss the ethics of technology 2017-03-01
- Ulrik Kihlbom Associate Professor of Medical Ethics 2017-03-01
- New study on children’s rights in biomedicine 2017-01-24
- New research ethics training for supervisors 2016-12-20
- Swedish research data inquiry on exceptions 2016-12-13
- New research on cyber governance of health data 2016-12-09
- Legal aspects of direct-to-consumer genetic testing 2016-12-07
- Swedish radio about genetics, ethics and law 2016-11-10
- Funding for ethical and legal aspects of stem cell research 2016-11-02
- Giving patients a voice in drug development 2016-10-18
- Parent’s views on genetic screening before pregnancy 2016-10-17
- We need to discuss equity in health care 2016-10-04
- Managing data protection in practice – Swedish perspectives 2016-09-26
- Public-private research partnerships: Workshop 2016-09-23
- Informed consent guidelines listed among IRDiRC Recognized Resources 2016-09-22
Stem cell treatment of type 1 diabetes
We provide ethical and legal analysis and guidance on development of products for treating type 1 diabetes, using cells derived from human embryonic stem cells.
What's on at CRB
- Journal Club: Risk communication in general practice
- Sound-centered memories: the ethical consequences of listening to violent acts. An interdisciplinary approach
- Attitudes to data linkage in the UK and Sweden
- Predictive coding and content of consciousness
- Preconception expanded carrier screening: medicalizing prepregnancy?
Karin Schölin Bywall will look at how rheumatoid arthritis patient preferences can provide added value in regulatory decision making in the drug development process.
Cardiovascular risk information
Åsa Grauman will investigate how research participants perceive their personal risk for cardiovascular disease, and their perceptions on cardiovascular risk information.
Meet an editor
>> Pär Segerdahl
Find out what Pär Segerdahl has to say about philosophy, talking apes and social media.
Meet a Researcher
>> Heidi C. Howard
Find out what Heidi C. Howard has to say about the ethics of genetic risk information.
Meet a PhD Student
>> Mirko Ancillotti
Find out what Mirko Ancillotti has to say about synthetic biology, ethics and antibiotics.